Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Pinterest: Day 5: Sock Snowmen!






DAY 5:
Sock Snowmen

Amy from the blog "Then She Made..." came up with the idea to use socks to make a-freakin'-dorable snowmen when it was simply too cold outside to make a real one. She stuffed socks with rice, then used patterned socks for clothes and.....well, check out her tutorial and see how she made it :)

Anywho, here are her snowmen:

And yes Amy, they are definitely cuter than the real thing! :)

Ok, for my knock-off snowman, I needed it to be lighter since I'm putting mine on my winter wreath, so I stuffed it with polyester fiber fluff and sewed the bottom of the sock closed.  Then I took another sock (patterned) and made it the way Amy did hers. I had this really cute cookie cutter charm in my button stash so I used that for the flair on the hat. I used a small piece of orange felt for the nose, and hot glued the hat around the head. 
Super cute, super easy, super fast project! 

Here it is on the wreath that will adorn my front door until February (because I'm too lazy to make a wreath for January).



And here's the whole wreath; I kinda love it :)

P.S.~ Wreath is from the Dollar Tree and spray painted with Rust-oleum's Harbor Blue. "Snow Flowers" is from one sheet of felt ($0.20 at Wal-Mart) and glitter glued around the edges. 
The whole project cost maybe $5-$6 because I had most everything else on hand. 

Have you made a wreath for Winter yet? I'd love to see yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from my readers!