Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why I Can Never Be A Vegetarian

One awesome smelling word: BACON!
I tried once in High School to become a vegetarian because I was on a "save the animals" kick. It was very short lived, and here's why:

A few days before my brothers and I were going to my Dad's for the weekend, I proclaimed "I shall not eat another animal for as long as I live! They have feelings too!" Or something like that. The first night at my Dad's house I let him and my StepMom know about my decision. She wasn't too happy with it because she didn't want to have to cook a separate dinner for me whenever we were there. So I think all I ate for dinner that night was a salad I had to make myself while everyone else cruely stuffed their faces with dead cow.

My journey into vegetarianism lasted only until I got up the next morning....My stepmom was making bacon and potato breakfast burritos. Oh, how I love bacon! I couldn't resist!

With that being said, a week ago my husband decided to shake things up a bit and wrap our hotdogs in bacon. I know, it's not a new concept, but it's new to my stomach.
I will NEVER go back to eating regular non-bacon-wrapped hotdogs ever again! They're so delicious! I made one for lunch...wanna see?

Made on my handy-dandy George Foreman Grill :)

I think bacon makes everything better. I put it in my clam chowder, my salads, my sandwiches, my greenbeans. I may possibly die from over-comsumption of bacon, but at least I'll die happy :)

One bacon-y food I haven't yet had the courage to try is the bacon brownie...

(Photo courtesy of www.examiner.com from an article by Donna Diegel)

Anyone try this yet? Or how about the Bacon Sundae at Denny's as they celebrate "Baconalia"? What other odd combos have you heard about/tried with this delicious meat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from my readers!